Taboo – a word that makes us look into the space between fear and desire, concealment and revelation. Taboos are social, cultural, and religious. Some taboos are inflicted upon us, some stay deep within. Do we ever think about how taboos are related to our body or vice versa? How does it influence you? What is the impact of it? Or is it just a vague idea? This is your turn to think of your body in relation to taboos.
“Body and Taboo”, therefore, is the theme of the next issue. We are looking for stories, poetry, essays, flash fiction, art, photography, and photo stories. Translations are welcome as well.
Find out your works that relate to these themes and send them to email@example.com within 30 October 2019.
Rules for Submission:
1. Send your write-ups in Word file. Include your biography (short, not more than a hundred words) and a photo. Photo is not mandatory, but we prefer including it.
2. Please mention in the subject of the email which category you are submitting to (e.g. poetry/ story/ drama/ flash fiction/ article/ essay/ review/ art/ uncategorized). And please give the writer’s or artist’s name and the title of the submission as the name of the word file, just to help us keep track.
3. When you are sending poems, please send at least three; it gives us a chance to choose and select.
4. Word limit is 3000 for prose and not more than 300 for flash fiction. There is no word limit for poetry.
5. Please do not send multiple pieces belonging to separate genres, e.g. poems, stories, articles all together. Try to maintain one genre in one contribution; it makes things easier for us.
6. We expect new and unpublished pieces from you. We have no objection whatsoever if you republish your piece. However, we expect you to attribute that it was first published in Prachya Review.
7. If the submission is selected, the writer, poet, or artist will be notified by the editors.
8. Please keep patience till the deadline is over. We will notify you about the selection as soon as we can. We are not paying for any writings or artworks but we hope one day we will. So bear with us, read our published issues, and give us your feedback about Prachya Review.
For any inquiry: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org